Tomorrow is promised to no one.
I’m guilty. Every day I give myself a “reason” not to do the things for which I am most passionate.
To not start that new workout, to not draw and colour, to not take that trip to a foreign land, to not publish this post.
But then I jump.
I dance. I make art. I book the flight. I publish the post.
Sometimes I need a little inspiration…We all do.
Here are 13 great quotes I use to remind myself to have faith and take risks:
1. ‘It’s impossible’ said Pride. ‘It’s risky’ said Experience. ‘It’s pointless’ said Reason. ‘Give it a Try’ whispered the Heart. Unknown
2. You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. Wayne Gretzky
3. Do one thing every day that scares you. Eleanor Roosevelt
4. In the end we only regret the chances we didn’t take, the relationships we were afraid to have, and the decisions we waited too long to make. Lewis Carroll
5. There is only one way to avoid criticism: Do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. Aristotle
6. If it is still in your mind it is worth taking the risk. Paulo Coelho
7. If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten. Tony Robbins
8. Pearls don’t lie on the seashore. If you want one, you must dive for it. Chinese Proverb
9. If you dare nothing, then when the day is over, nothing is all you will have gained. Neil Gaiman
10. We avoid risks in life only to die, and end up facing the greatest risk which is having lived life risking nothing at all. Chinonye J. Chidolue
11. Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. George Addair
12. And the day came when the risk to remain in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anaïs Nin
13. The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. Chinese Proverb